New CT Farmer Alliance Coordinator –
Part Time (5-10 hrs/wk)
The New CT Farmer Alliance is a statewide network of farmers and growers. By bringing young, new and emerging farmers together it is our intent to identify and help develop support systems to nurture a successful and diverse agricultural landscape for our state.
Our mission is to bring together emerging farmers from across Connecticut to network, share resources, and identify common challenges and opportunities for a more accessible, successful, and diverse agricultural community. We meet throughout the year for learning opportunities and social networking.
The New CT Farmer Alliance (NCTFA) is seeking a Part Time Coordinator to work under the supervision of the Steering Committee to continue strengthening the Alliance. Specific responsibilities include coordination of programs and the annual meeting; management of the website, listserv, and other communications; membership management; and the ability to attend events hosted by related agencies.
This position will support NCTFA’s present focus on network building and structure, broadening and deepening the involvement of a diversity of individuals and groups, and preparing NCTFA for taking on content related projects. Creativity, organization skills, comfort with public speaking, and excitement for the local food system and small business development is essential.
- Maintain website and update regularly
- Manage membership database and listserv
- Update Social Media and Web Marketing Campaigns
- Collaborate with other service providers on events, programs, and grants
- Maintain partnership with National Young Farmers Coalition staff
- Attend events hosted by partner organizations to attract new members and represent NCTFA
- Work with Steering Committee on developing content and structure of agenda for farm gatherings, annual meeting, and interest group gatherings
- Design flyers to communicate and publicize events to the farming community through the listserv, website, social media, and press releases
- Coordinate follow-up work (accounting, thank you notes, internal review) for all events hosted by NCTFA
- Manage meeting logistics for Steering Committee meetings (location, date and time, etc.
- Provide meeting minutes
- Keep steering committee informed of potential networking and event opportunities along with other ongoing collaborative projects
- Maintain regular communication with Steering Committee point person(s)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility, maturity, and enthusiasm
- Computer skills (Microsoft and Google platforms, email)
- Valid driver’s license & ability to travel throughout the state
- Ability to use personal cell phone and laptop for work
- Experience working within the farming/food systems community and/or with community events
- Familiarity with networks or coalitions; how these entities function and what they can achieve
- Event creation, management and production skills
- Experience with websites, newsletters, social media
- Experience with media design and graphics
Compensation and Start Date
This position is salaried part-time at 5-10 hours per week at a rate of $15/hour, contingent on grant funding.
Travel reimbursement provided at federal mileage rate.
Start date: March 2018
Please send resume, cover letter and three (3) reference names and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “NCTFA Coordinator Application” in the subject line. Please submit all materials by Friday, February 23. This position will be posted until filled.